[openstack-dev] [nova] release notes with reno and which patches need that?

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Thu Nov 19 19:46:18 UTC 2015

Le 19/11/2015 18:37, Markus Zoeller a écrit :
> If you ever had a patch which contained "UpgradeImpact" or "DocImpact",
> this mail is for you. You may have already heard of "reno" and how it
> will change the handling of the release notes. If not, [1] is the
> announcement and [2] is an example. I wanted to preemptively ask
> if we want to add some guidelines when it is appropriate to add such
> a release note and in which cases not. The Keystone folks did already
> create a statement [3] and the Cinder folks are planning to do so [4].
> The Keystone list looks reasonable to me. Any thoughts on that?

So, I'm planning to write a devref documentation here :
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/code-review.html

Basically, you need to provide a reno file when there is an upgrade
impact (like the tag says) but we can also write a reno file for
explaining which new feature is provided or for explaining a known issue.

If you don't know when to write a reno file, just go to #openstack-nova
and ask me (bauzas) or mriedem.

HTH,
-Sylvain

PS : The reno usage is there for creating a new file :
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/reno/usage.html#creating-new-release-notes