[openstack-dev] [magnum] Issue on history of renamed file/folder

Adrian Otto adrian.otto at rackspace.com
Thu Nov 19 16:37:25 UTC 2015

As I see this, we need to pick the better of two options, even when neither is perfect. I’d rather have magnum’s source as intuitive and easy to maintain as possible. If it becomes more difficult to follow the commit history for a file in order to achieve that improvement, I’m willing to live with it. In truth, following the commit history of a file is not something we do often in our development workflows, so it does not need to be optimized. On the other hand, looking at the contents of our source tree is something that all of us do often, and we deserve to have that be nice and clear.

Adrian