[openstack-dev] [ironic] [inspector] Auto discovery extension for Ironic Inspector

Yuiko Takada yuikotakada0313 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 08:45:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

Using fake driver means we need a manual step to set it to something
> non-fake :) and the current introspection process already has 1 manual step
> (enrolling nodes), so I'd like autodiscovery to require 0 of them (at least
> for the majority of users).

Exactly. I recognize that our purpose of auto-discovery is eradicating
manual steps.

I prefer option 2, but as Sam said, it's not suitable for mixed driver
environment.
Then, is it impossible that detecting(judging?) driver from node info?
For example, if Vendor is XXX and Product Name is YYY, then driver is ZZZ.
What do you think?

Best Regards,
Yuiko Takada