[openstack-dev] [magnum] Mesos Conductor

bharath thiruveedula bharath_ves at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 18 18:20:15 UTC 2015

Hi all,I am working on the blueprint [1]. As per my understanding, we have two resources/objects in mesos+marathon:1)Apps: combination of instances/containers running on multiple hosts representing a service.[2]2)Application Groups: Group of apps, for example we can have database application group which consists mongoDB app and MySQL App.[3]So I think we need to have two resources 'apps' and 'appgroups' in mesos conductor like we have pod and rc for k8s. And regarding 'magnum container' command, we can create, delete and retrieve container details as part of mesos app itself(container =  app with 1 instance). Though I think in mesos case 'magnum app-create ..."  and 'magnum container-create ...' will use the same REST API for both cases. Let me know your opinion/comments on this and correct me if I am wrong[1]https://blueprints.launchpad.net/magnum/+spec/mesos-conductor.[2]https://mesosphere.github.io/marathon/docs/application-basics.html[3]https://mesosphere.github.io/marathon/docs/application-groups.htmlRegardsBharath T