[openstack-dev] [stable][neutron] How we handle Kilo backports

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Wed Nov 18 16:44:38 UTC 2015

Hi all,

as per [1] I imply that all projects under stable-maint-core team
supervision must abide the stable policy [2] which limits the types of
backports for N-2 branches (now it’s stable/kilo) to "Only critical
bugfixes and security patches”. With that, I remind all stable core members
about the rule.

Since we are limited to ‘critical bugfixes’ only, and since there is no
clear definition of what ‘critical’ means, I guess we should define it for
ourselves.

In Neutron world, we usually use Critical importance for those bugs that
break gate. High is used for those bugs that have high impact production
wise. With that in mind, I suggest we define ‘critical’ bugfixes as
Critical + High in LP. Comments on that?

(My understanding is that we can also advocate for the change in the global
policy if we think the ‘critical only’ rule should be relaxed, but till
then it makes sense to stick to what policy says.)

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-November/078649.html
[2] http://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/stable-branches.html

Ihar