[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] Fedora/CentOS/other Support

Jesse Pretorius jesse.pretorius at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 10:19:23 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

There has been interest expressed from various corners to support more than
just Ubuntu in OpenStack-Ansible. While the project is very happy to work
on this, no-one has yet stepped up to take a lead role in the execution of
this work.

The current community has done some research into appropriate patterns to
use and has a general idea of how to do it - but in order to actually
execute there need to be enough people who commit to actually maintaining
the work once it's done. We don't want to carry the extra code if we don't
also pick up extra contributors to maintain the code.

If you're interested in seeing this become a reality and are prepared to
commit some time to making it happen, the project will be happy to work
with you to achieve it.

In this week's community meeting [1] we'll initiate a discussion on the
topic with the purpose of determining who's on board with the work.

In the following week's community meeting we will have a work breakdown
discussion where we'll work on filling out an etherpad [2] with what we
need to get done and who will be doing it. Naturally the etherpad can be
populated already by anyone who's interested. If you're actually happy to
volunteer to assist with the work, please feel free to add a note to that
effect on the etherpad.

[1]
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/openstack-ansible#Agenda_for_next_meeting
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/openstack-ansible-multi-os-support