[openstack-dev] [nfv][telco][product] Future of telco working group and weekly meeting reminder

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Wed Nov 18 01:39:02 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Back in Vancouver [1] we began discussing the growing overlap between OPNFV requirements projects and the current mission of the telco working group. During this period the product working group, also in part focused on recording and prioritizing user stories, has also been hitting its straps. As we have recently lost a couple of core members of the telco working group particularly on the technical side due to role changes etc. I think it is time to roll its activities into these efforts.

With that in mind I would like to propose:

* Submitting the existing telcowg-usecases to the openstack-user-stories repository
* Engaging within the product working group (assuming they will have us ;)) as owners of these user stories

There is of course still a need to actually *implement* the requirements exposed by these user stories but I am hopeful that together we can work through a common process for this rather than continuing to attack it separately. I would personally still like to see greater direct engagement from service providers, but it seems like OPNFV and/or the OpenStack User Committee [2] itself might be the right place for this going forward.

I'd like to discuss this proposal further in the weekly meeting. This week's Telco Working Group meeting is scheduled for Wednesday the 18th at 1400 UTC. As always the agenda etherpad is here:

    https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nfv-meeting-agenda

Thanks all!

Steve

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/YVR-ops-telco