[openstack-dev] [nova][infra] Getting a bleeding edge libvirt gate job running

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Tue Nov 17 19:46:58 UTC 2015

On 11/18/2015 06:10 AM, Markus Zoeller wrote:
  This
> was a trigger to see if we can create a gate job which utilizes the
> latest, bleeding edge, version of libvirt to test such features.

> * Is already someone working on something like that and I missed it?

I believe the closest we have got is probably [1]; pulling apart some
of the comments there might be helpful

In short, a devstack plugin that installs the latest libvirt is
probably the way to go.

Ongoing, the only issue I see is that we do things to base devstack
that conflict/break this plugin, as we are more-or-less assuming the
distro version (see things like [2], stuff like this comes up every
now and then).

> * If 'no', is there already a repo which contains the very latest
>    libvirt builds which we can utilize?

For Fedora, there is virt-preview  [3] at least

-i

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/108714/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/246501
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Virtualization_Preview_Repository