[openstack-dev] [Heat]

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Tue Nov 17 18:10:22 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 05:09:16PM +0000, Pratik Mallya wrote:
>    Hello Heat team,
>    I recently proposed a patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/246481/ which
>    changes some events when resources are signaled. I was wondering if anyone
>    has any downstream services that depend on the events being in the format
>    specified, since this patch would break that expectation.
>    (Not sure if this is the correct way to solicit this information. Please
>    let me know alternatives, if any :) )

I just commented on the review and the bug.

IMHO we can't do this, it's been part of our user-visible API for as long
as I can remember, thus there's bound to be some folks relying on that
information to determine if a SIGNAL event has happened.

There are other ways to determine the stack action when a signal event
happens, so IMHO this should be postponed until we decide to do a v2 API,
and even then we'll need to maintain compatibility with the old format for
v1.

You could add it to the v2 API wishlist spec:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/184863/

Steve