[openstack-dev] [mistral] Notifier about changes in the dsvm gates structure

Anastasia Kuznetsova akuznetsova at mirantis.com
Tue Nov 17 14:30:17 UTC 2015

Hello Everyone,

This is a notifier about the fact that Mistral team is on the way of
refactoring of current Jenkins dsvm gates infrastructure.
The final goal is to have voting dsvm gates which will run on every commit
to mistral and mistralclient repositories.

What we have now:
- mistral repository:
gate-mistral-devstack-dsvm job that installs mistral from commit and
python-mistralclient from master,
it runs both suite of tests on every commit: API tests from mistral
repository and CLI tests from python-mistralclient repository;
- mistralclient repository:
gate-mistral-devstack-dsvm job that installs python-mistralclient from
commit and mistral from master,
it runs suite of CLI tests from python-mistralclient repository.

As you can see, there is only job template for both repositories.

What we will have (or what other projects have now):
- mistral repository:
gate-mistral-devstack-dsvm job that will install mistral from commit and
latest released python-mistralclient
(version will be taken according requirements), it will run only API tests
from mistral repository.
- mistralclient repository:
gate-mistralclient-devstack-dsvm job that will install python-mistralclient
from commit and mistral from master,
it will run suite of CLI tests from python-mistralclient repository.

As a result, we will have two separate job templates, in each of them we
will run its own suite of tests.

I've created appropriate blueprint for these changes
mistral-making-dsvm-gates-voting
<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/mistral/+spec/mistral-making-dsvm-gates-voting>
 and
I am going to start work on its implementation.

--
Best regards,
Anastasia Kuznetsova