[openstack-dev] [neutron][networking-sfc] Deploying current networking-sfc

Paul Carver pcarver at paulcarver.us
Mon Nov 16 21:11:42 UTC 2015

On 11/16/2015 3:39 PM, Sean M. Collins wrote:
> Networking-sfc is still just a shell - there is no functional code.

To be more clear, most of the code has not yet been merged. Click here
for a link to all the pending reviews that contain lots of functional
code targetted at merging into the networking-sfc repo:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/networking-sfc,n,z

I believe Igor is aware of this and is trying to figure out how to pull
all the necessary pending changes that are targetted at the
networking-sfc repo but which haven't merged yet.

This is a challenge. Personally, I haven't been able to get it all
working yet. But we're in a dilemma because we want to get good reviews
of the code before merging. Since the full functionality is quite a lot
of code we wanted to chop it into more easily reviewable chunks.
Unfortunately that makes it more difficult to pull it all in at once to
test the whole thing prior to completing the review and merge.

Either way, there's a whole lot of code. It just* needs to be reviewed.

* Ok, "just" may downplay the amount of effort needed.