[openstack-dev] [all] [oslo] Please stop removing usedevelop from tox.ini (at least for now)

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Nov 16 16:13:33 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Dmitry Tantsur's message of 2015-11-16 12:37:15 +0100:
> On 11/16/2015 12:28 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> > Dmitry,
> >
> > i was trying to bring sanity to the tox.ini(s). +1 to documenting this
> > step somewhere prominent.
>
> Please don't get me wrong, I really appreciate it. I'm not sure why
> "usedevelop" is not the default, though. Maybe we at least make sure to
> communicate this to people first? Because the error message is really
> vague to anyone who is not aware of these version tags.

When the Oslo libraries depended on namespace packages, we couldn't have
usedevelop = True because it broke importing other libraries. Now that
we've removed namespace packages from most of the libraries, we could
set it true everywhere except oslo.middleware (I think that's the only
one that was left, because of having to wait to roll out paste.ini
changes this cycle -- does anyone want to sign up to remove that last
namespace package?).

Doug