[openstack-dev] [all] [ptls] Time to make some assertions about your projects

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Nov 16 15:20:58 UTC 2015

Hi PTLs,

Over the last months the Technical Committee defined a number of
"assert" tags which are assertions that project teams make about their
own deliverables:

* assert:follows-standard-deprecation
* assert:supports-upgrade
* assert:supports-rolling-upgrade

You can find their definition at:
http://governance.openstack.org/reference/tags/index.html

You should read those and see if they apply to your service projects. If
those are commitments that your project follow already, please propose
an update to the projects.yaml file to add the corresponding tag(s) to
your service deliverable:

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/reference/projects.yaml

The Foundation is expected to include those "assert" tags very soon in
the Project Navigator display, so it would be great to have a pretty
current picture of where we stand by then. I know of several projects
that follow standard deprecation and support rolling upgrade that
haven't asserted the corresponding tags yet.

For the time being we are looking at applying such tags only to
"type:service" deliverables (main user-facing services).

Thanks in advance,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)