[openstack-dev] [oslo][testing-cabal] Help needed getting oslo.versionedobjects to install in tox venv

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 02:29:03 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Really getting frustrated with a particular problem. I'm trying to build
oslo.versionedobjects locally (this problem occurs on both my lappie and
my desktop, running Ubuntu 15.04 and 15.10 respectively.

When running tox -epy34, I'm getting an error about not being able to
install a dependency called ".[fixtures]":

http://paste.openstack.org/show/478933/

Matt Riedemann thought that it had something to do with me using an old
version of setuptools, but I've upgraded both my site packages
setuptools and the one in the tox virtualenv to the latest 18.5
setuptools (see proof in paste above) and still getting the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

Best,
-jay