[openstack-dev] [kolla] Action needed on blueprint development

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Sat Nov 14 19:24:54 UTC 2015

Well folks

Now that we have all finally recovered from Summit and I spent awhile creating blueprints for Mitaka based upon our design summit sessions.  Our plans as discussed at summit were to release a 1.1.0 version which is semi-forward compatible from 1.0.1.  From that point forward all upgrades of Kolla will work without a hitch.  We think 1.0.1 is not ideal to deploy at the moment because certain things may not work during an upgrade in the future (ovs database for one would be lost).

1.1.0 is our collective attempt to prepare Kolla to be upgradeable from Mitaka to N and also allow continuous deployment of the OpenStack specific services throughout the Mitaka cycle if people are brave enough for that.

Please pitch in and take a blueprint here::

https://launchpad.net/kolla/+milestone/mitaka-1

The deadline for Mitaka 1 is December 4th.  The blueprints I speak of for this 1.1.0 release are all marked as "Essential" as they will be backported into stable/liberty.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
-steve