[openstack-dev] [api] consolidate IRC change with #openstack-sdk?

Steve Martinelli stevemar at ca.ibm.com
Fri Nov 13 13:32:32 UTC 2015

As a -sdks regular, I wouldn't mind some of the API folks crashing the
channel :)

If it makes sense, then why not. There are already some folks that are
involved in both efforts (Everett).

Steve

From:	Sean Dague <sean at dague.net>
            <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Date:	2015/11/13 07:59 AM
Subject:	[openstack-dev] [api] consolidate IRC change with
            #openstack-sdk?

The #openstack-api IRC channel is quite quiet most days. As such it's
not something that people are regularly checking in on, or often forget
about (I know I've been guilty of that). Plus we don't always have the
right people in a conversation to make a decision.

I'd like to propose we drop the channel entirely and make #openstack-sdk
the home of API working group conversations. That's where all the
openstackclient, openstackclientconfig, and sdk conversations are
happening. It's where the end consumers of any API WG effort are, so are
incredibly good sounding boards for things we are doing. There is
already a large overlap between the two channels, so just pushing
forward on that means more critical mass for conversations around the
whole space of a more usable API for users.

This came up at the last API WG meeting, but those are pretty low quorum
events, so this is a thing we should definitely decide over ML instead.

Please express your feelings here and lets make it happen. :)

		 -Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net