[openstack-dev] [stable] Preparing 2014.2.4 (Juno) WAS Re: [Openstack-operators] [stable][all] Keeping Juno "alive" for longer.

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Thu Nov 12 20:37:27 UTC 2015

On 10/11/15 10:11, Alan Pevec wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while we continue discussion about the future of stable branches in
> general and stable/juno in particular, I'd like to execute the current
> plan which was[1]
>
> 2014.2.4 (eol) early November, 2015. release manager: apevec
>
> Iff there's enough folks interested (I'm not) in keep Juno alive
> longer, they could resurrect it but until concrete plan is done let's
> be honest and stick to the agreed plan.
>
> This is a call to stable-maint teams for Nova, Keystone, Glance,
> Cinder, Neutron, Horizon, Heat, Ceilometer, Trove and Sahara to review
> open stable/juno changes[2] and approve/abandon them as appropriate.
> Proposed timeline is:
> * Thursday Nov 12 stable/juno freeze[3]
> * Thursday Nov 19 release 2014.2.1

We're currently working through a (substantial, unfortunately) backlog
of juno-backport-potential Heat bugs that were accidentally overlooked
at the time when they should have been backported:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bugs?field.searchtext=&orderby=-importance&field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.status%3Alist=FIXRELEASED&assignee_option=any&field.tag=juno-backport-potential+&field.tags_combinator=ANY&search=Search

Some have been merged already. Some are up for review now:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/heat+branch:stable/juno,n,z

It would be nice to treat the remaining 'High' priority one as a
blocker. The rest aren't a blocker for the release but it would be
really nice to at least have time to get them all backported and merged
before the stable branch gets deleted.

thanks,
Zane.