[openstack-dev] [telemetry] Bug opening policy

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Thu Nov 12 15:44:15 UTC 2015

Hi telemetry team and contributors,

We are starting to distinguish a terrible trend in our bug tracking
system. Some people tend to:

1. Open a bug for a (trivial) issue (e.g. a typo in the documentation)
2. Submit a patch 2 minutes later fixing the bug opened at step 1.

We'd like to emphasize that this useless and represents actually a waste
of time both for the bug opener and us Launchpad guardians.

We do highly appreciate contributions, in any form, bug opening or bug
fixing – we just don't require having a bug opened for each of our
change.

The bug tracking system is made for registering issues that you don't
have solutions for. If you already have the fix for it, just send the
fix – we'll just be glad and we'll review it!

Thanks a lot!

Happy hacking,
--
Julien Danjou