[openstack-dev] [HA] weekly High Availability meetings on IRC start next Monday

Adam Spiers aspiers at suse.com
Thu Nov 12 14:06:37 UTC 2015

Hi Sergii,

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Sergii Golovatiuk <sgolovatiuk at mirantis.com> wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> It's great we are moving forward with HA community. Thank you so much for
> brining HA to next level. However, I have couple of comments
>
> [1] contains agenda. I guess we should move it to
> https://etherpad.openstack.org. That will allow people to add own topics to
> discuss. Action items can be put there as well.
>
>  [1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/HATeamMeeting

It's a wiki, so anyone can already add their own topics, and in fact
the page already encourages people to do that :-)

I'd prefer to keep it as a wiki because that is consistent with the
approach of all the other OpenStack meetings, as recommended by

  https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/CreateaMeeting#Add_a_Meeting

It also results in a better audit trail than etherpad (where changes
can be made anonymously).

Action items will be captured by the MeetBot:

  https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/meetbot/tree/doc/Manual.txt

> [2] declares meetings at 9am UTC which might be tough for US based folks. I
> might be wrong here as I don't know the location of HA experts.
>
>  [2] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/#High_Availability_Meeting

Yes, I was aware of this :-/  The problem is that the agenda for the
first meeting will focus on hypervisor HA, and the interested parties
who met in Tokyo are all based in either Europe or Asia (Japan and
Australia).  It's hard but possible to find a time which accommodates
two continents, but almost impossible to find a time which
accommodates three :-/

If it's any consolation, the meeting logs will be available
afterwards, and also the meeting is expected to be short (around 30
minutes) since the majority of work will continue via email and IRC
outside the meeting.  This first meeting is mainly to set a direction
for future collaboration.

However suggestions for how to handle this better are always welcome,
and if the geographical distribution of attendees of future meetings
changes then of course we can consider changing the time in order to
accommodate.  I want it to be an inclusive sub-community.

Cheers,
Adam