[openstack-dev] [puppet] <modulename>::db classes

Denis Egorenko degorenko at mirantis.com
Thu Nov 12 11:36:20 UTC 2015

Hi Clayton!

I would like to use the same solution for this problem as we have for
<module>::logging class. So, we just leaving those default parameters
without $::os_service_default and putting old values (10, 20, etc) [1] and
also we should to raise warnings, as suggests Alex Schultz (for example,
[2]). For me - it is the best solution of problem.

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/puppet-cinder/blob/master/manifests/logging.pp#L98
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/239800/5/manifests/backend/eqlx.pp

> On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 9:50 AM, Clayton O'Neill <clayton at oneill.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I discovered this issue last night and opened a bug on it (
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/puppet-tuskar/+bug/1515273).
>>
>> This effects most of the modules, and the short version of it is that the
>> defaults in all the <modulename>::db classes are wrong for max_pool_size
>> and max_overflow.  We’re setting test to 10 and 20, but oslo_db actually
>> has no internal default.
>>

> To clarify: The modules following this pattern are setting max_pool_size
> and max_overflow to 10 and 20 respectively, but oslo_db has no internal
> default.

Best Regards,
Egorenko Denis,
Deployment Engineer