[openstack-dev] [neutron][qos][fwaas] service groups vs. traffic classifiers

Cathy Zhang Cathy.H.Zhang at huawei.com
Thu Nov 12 00:00:22 UTC 2015

Agree with Paul and Louis. The networking-sfc repo should be preserved to support the service function chain functionality. Flow classifier is just needed to specify what flows will go through the service port chain.

The flow classifier API is designed as a separate plugin which is independent of the port chain plugin. We will support the effort of evolving it to a common service classifier API and moving it out of the networking-sfc repo when the time comes.

Thanks,
Cathy