[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Do we need to have a mid-cycle?

Kurt Taylor kurt.r.taylor at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 22:04:06 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Ruby Loo <rlooyahoo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10 November 2015 at 12:08, Dmitry Tantsur <dtantsur at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11/10/2015 05:45 PM, Lucas Alvares Gomes wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> In the last Ironic meeting [1] we started a discussion about whether
>>> we need to have a mid-cycle meeting for the Mitaka cycle or not. Some
>>> ideas about the format of the midcycle were presented in that
>>> conversation and this email is just a follow up on that conversation.
>>>
>>> The ideas presented were:
>>>
>>> 1. Normal mid-cycle
>>>
>>> Same format as the previous ones, the meetup will happen in a specific
>>> venue somewhere in the world.
>>>

>> I would really want to see you all as often as possible. However, I don't
>> see much value in proper face-to-face mid-cycles as compared to improving
>> our day-to-day online communications.
>

> +2.
>
> My take on mid-cycles is that if folks want to have one, that is fine, I
> might not attend :)
>
> My preference is 4) no mid-cycle -- and try to work more effectively with
> people in different locations and time zones.

I was hoping to suggest that we have a mid-cycle co-located with neutron,
but they are not having a mid-cycle.  So, my preference would be 4) no mid
cycle. I would like for us to try a few virtual sprints on targeted
subjects. I did one for CI documentation and the hardest part about setting
that up was picking the time.
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/VirtualSprints

Kurt Taylor (krtaylor)