[openstack-dev] [oslo][all] Oslo libraries dropping python 2.6 compatability

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Wed Nov 11 20:07:25 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-11-11 at 14:14 -0500, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Any concerns? please chime in:
> https://review.openstack.org/244275

Commented on the review, but I have to point out that python-novaclient,
which, to my knowledge, still supports Python 2.6, also happens to
depend on oslo.i18n, oslo.serialization, and oslo.utils.  If we drop
Python 2.6 compatibility on any of those three, we would also have to
drop it from novaclient (and potentially other clients).  Perhaps we
need to have a discussion about whether the clients still need to
support Python 2.6?
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>
Rackspace