[openstack-dev] [release][stackalytics] possibly breaking bug closing statistics?

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Nov 11 13:38:10 UTC 2015

Ilya Shakhat wrote:
> Doug,
>
> You are right, there should not be any changes in the stats. Bugs are
> mapped to release only by date, target milestone is not taken into
> account. For resolved bugs metric Stackalytics uses 'date_fix_commited'
> field, for filed bugs metric - 'date_created'.

Thanks Ilya for the check.

date_fix_committed is probably not set if we directly switch the bug to
"Fix released", and that is what we plan to do now with Launchpad bugs.

We might therefore need a backward-compatible patch to Stackalytics so
that it uses (date_fix_committed or date_fix_released) instead.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)