[openstack-dev] [Ironic][Nova][Neutron] Multi-tenancy support

Sukhdev Kapur sukhdevkapur at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 13:15:25 UTC 2015

Hi Vasyl,

I have not cross checked every patch in your list, but, the list looks
about right.
>From the Ironic, Nova, and Neutron point of the code is pretty much in
place with these patches.

In this week's meeting we discussed the plan for merging these patches.
Couple of things are holding us - namely the CI and documentation. We are
working on getting the CI addressed so that automated testing can be kicked
off, which will enable us to merge these patches (hopefully in M1).
Documentation is also underway.

As to ML2 driver (which you are looking for), in order make the CI work, we
are considering couple of options - either write a canned ML2 driver to
test this or enhance OVS driver to allow/accept/deal with new interface. We
did not have full quorum in this week's meeting. Hopefully, we will have
some concrete plans by the next week. But, this ML2 driver is being
considered to deal with devstack/CI related testing only.

In order to test the real world scenarios, you will need real HW and vendor
ML2 driver. The only two vendors that I am aware of who has this working
are HP and Arista. I do not know if HP is in a position to release it yet.
Arista will take some time to release it, as we follow very strict quality
control guidelines before releasing any software. I am only techie and do
not control the release of software, but, my guess is, its release will be
aligned with release of Mitaka.

If you believe you can be good with canned ML2 driver for devstack
initially, that may become available much earlier.
We meet every Monday at 1700 UTC (8am Pacific time) on
#openstack-meeting-4. Feel free to drop by or join us - as this is one of
the things we plan on discussing next Monday's meeting. This will give you
a better feel.

Hope this helps.

-Sukhdev
P.S. feel free to ping me on IRC (IRC handle: Sukhdev) on neutron or Ironic
channels