[openstack-dev] [Neutron][IPAM] ML2 don't call ipam driver remove_subnet function

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Wed Nov 11 07:53:20 UTC 2015

Hi,
This should be resolved with this path - https://review.openstack.org/239885
Good luck
Gary

From: thanh le giang <legiangthanh at gmail.com<mailto:legiangthanh at gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 5:20 AM
To: OpenStack List <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: [openstack-dev] [Neutron][IPAM] ML2 don't call ipam driver remove_subnet function

Dear folks

I have met a problem when implement IPAM driver, ML2 doesn't call remove_subnet function of ipam driver because ML2 doesn't use delete_subnet function of NeutronDbPluginV2

Now I workaround by using "SUBNET BEFORE_DELETE" event to notify external IPAM that subnet will be deleted, but I think it's not a good solution. According to my understanding this event should be used for checking subnet is in-used or not. I think ML2 should call IPAM driver for this situation or provide additional "SUBNET AFTER_DELETE" event

Thanks,
Thanh

Email: legiangthan at gmail.com<mailto:legiangthanh at gmail.com>