[openstack-dev] [oslo] Graduate cliutils.py into oslo.utils

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Nov 10 14:25:46 UTC 2015

On 11/10/2015 08:24 AM, Andrey Kurilin wrote:
>>It was also proposed to reuse openstackclient or the openstack SDK.
>
> Openstack SDK was proposed a long time ago(it looks like it was several
> cycles ago) as "alternative" for cliutils and apiclient, but I don't
> know any client which use it yet. Maybe openstacksdk cores should try to
> port any client as an example of how their project should be used.

The SDK is targeted for end user applications, not service clients. I do
get there was lots of confusion over this, but SDK is not the answer
here for service clients.

The service clients are *always* going to have to exist in some form.
Either as libraries that services produce, or by services deciding they
don't want to consume the libraries of other clients and just put a
targeted bit of rest code in their own tree to talk to other services.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net