[openstack-dev] [Ironic][Nova][Neutron] Multi-tenancy support

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Tue Nov 10 11:42:04 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 06:05:50AM EST, Vasyl Saienko wrote:
> Hello community,
>
> I would like to start preliminary testing of Ironic multi-tenant network
> setup which is supported by Neutron in Liberty according to [1]. I found
> the following patches that are on review. Also neutron ML2 plugin is
> needed. I can't find any plugin that supports multi-tenancy and Cisco
> (Catalyst)/Arista switches. I would be grateful for any information on the
> matter.

I asked Henry Gessau a couple weeks ago in IRC, there is no ML2 driver
for Catalyst switches.

If I am not mistaken, Sukhdev maintains the Arista ML2 driver and was
involved with the multi-tenant Ironic support.[1]

So, I would think that using the ML2 driver for an Arista switch would
be the approach to take, since someone would have to write a new ML2
driver for a Catalyst switch to even get started.

[1]: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ironic-specs/specs/approved/ironic-ml2-integration.html#assignee-s

--
Sean M. Collins