[openstack-dev] [devstack] package dependency installs after recent clean-ups

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Mon Nov 9 06:59:28 UTC 2015

devstack maintainers, et al.

If your CI is failing with missing packages (xml bindings failing to
build, postgres bindings, etc), it may be due to some of the issues
covered below.

I believe some of the recent changes around letting pip build wheels
and cleaning up some of the package dependencies have revealed that
devstack is not quite installing build pre-reqs as we thought it was.

[1] fixes things so we actually install the packages listed in
"general"

[2] is a further cleanup of the "devlib" packages, which are no longer
installed since we removed tools/build_wheels.sh

I believe a combination of what was removed in [3] and [2] was hiding
the missing installs from [1].  Thus we can clean up some of the
dependencies via [4].

Stacked on that are some less important further clean-ups

Reviews appreciated, because it seems to have broken some CI, see [5]

-i

[1] https://review.openstack.org/242891
[2] https://review.openstack.org/242894
[3] https://review.openstack.org/242895