[openstack-dev] [release] new change management tools and processes for stable/liberty and mitaka

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Sat Nov 7 15:42:40 UTC 2015

On 11/03/2015 08:46 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> [...]
> We are ready to start rolling out Reno for use with Liberty stable
> branch releases and in master for the Mitaka release. We need the
> release liaisons to create and merge a few patches for each project
> between now and the Mitaka-1 milestone.
>
> 1. We need one patch to the master branch of the project to add the
>     instructions for publishing the notes as part of the project
>     sphinx documentation build.  An example patch for Glance is in
>     [2].
>
> 2. We need another patch to the stable/liberty branch of the project
>     to set up Reno and introduce the first release note for that
>     series. An example patch for Glance is in [3].
 > [...]

What shall we do with projects that do not have a stable/liberty? For
example openstack-doc-tools does not have one and we hope we don't need one?

Does the following look ok?
https://review.openstack.org/242748

Also, what do you think of adding this to openstack-manuals? We do not
tag releases for the manuals but release continously. Will the tools
work fine here?

Andreas
        HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)