[openstack-dev] [all] [dlm] Zookeeper and openjdk, mythbusted

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Nov 6 20:14:30 UTC 2015

On 2015-11-06 10:55:14 -0800 (-0800), Joshua Harlow wrote:
[...]
> Basically here is the TLDR of the question/complaint:
>
> '''
> Zookeeper, a java application, will force you to install oracles
> virtual machine implementation for it to work, and it doesn't work
> with the openjdk,
[...]

Also, for those of you who are, like me, easily confused and think
all Java applications look the same: it's easy to conflate this
discussion with the recent thread (sorry for lack of citation, I
can't find the corresponding subject line at the moment) about
Cassandra which _did_ in fact have some confirmation from their
developer community--at least in the form of code comments--of only
being reliable/supported in conjunction with a non-free JDK. Thanks
be to Joshua for setting me straight in #openstack-infra on that
matter! ;)
--
Jeremy Stanley