[openstack-dev] [QA][Nova] Tempest Hypervisor Feature Tagging

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Fri Nov 6 12:38:18 UTC 2015

On 5 November 2015 at 19:31, Rafael Folco <rfolco at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to know what hypervisor features[1] were tested in a
> Tempest run?
> From what I’ve seen, currently there is no way to tell what tests cover what
> features.
> Looks like Tempest has UUID and service tagging, but no reference to the
> hypervisor features.
>
> It would be good to track/map covered features and generate a report for CI.
> In case of any interest in that, I’d like to validate if the metadata
> tagging (similar to UUID) is a reasonable approach.
>
> [1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/support-matrix.html

I have proposed a change to take the support-matrix and include test
coverage and doc coverage:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/215664/4/doc/source/feature_classification.rst,cm

The plan was certainly to (in a similar way to DefCore) map tempest
uuids to groups of features.

I would love help to push that effort forward, as I just don't have
the bandwidth to do it myself right now.

Thanks,
John