[openstack-dev] [nova] Mitaka Priorities and Deadlines

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Thu Nov 5 15:25:09 UTC 2015

Hi,

Here is a catch up on a few release details...

For Nova specific deadlines and dates, please see:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Mitaka_Release_Schedule

Please note:
Dec 3: spec and blueprint freeze
Jan 21: non-priority feature freeze

The list of Mitaka priorities can be found here:
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/priorities/mitaka-priorities.html

This was discussed at the summit, with a follow up in gerrit for those
who were unable to make it to the summit.

Summit
-----------

You can find out what happend at the design summit in the etherpads:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Design_Summit/Mitaka/Etherpads#Nova

Lots of good debate on specific specs or ideas, and the best way
forward. No major changes in direction, as you can see in the
priorities list above. I hope I will get time to do a blog post
summary next week, unless someone beats me to it (please, hint, hint).

Blueprints
--------------

To get your -2 removed, you need to get your blueprint approved for Mitaka.

To get a spec-less blueprint approved, please add it in this list:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-nova-spec-review-tracking

We are also using the above to try and categorise the specs, in an
attempt to merge the higher priority specs first.

More details see:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Process

Reviews
------------

Please focus on code reviews linked in here:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-nova-priorities-tracking

As last release, subgroups work to priorities and review patches that
interest them. Once they are happy, they recommend them for merge to
nova-core.

For example, there is a new ops sub group forming to look at finding
and reviewing the most important fixes and features from an operator
perspective. Hopefully there will be many other groups active this
release.

As usual, any questions, do email me, or catch me on IRC.

Thanks,
johnthetubaguy