[openstack-dev] [all][api][tc][perfromance] API for getting only status of resources

Everett Toews everett.toews at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Nov 5 14:48:25 UTC 2015

On Nov 3, 2015, at 11:46 PM, John Griffith <john.griffith8 at gmail.com<mailto:john.griffith8 at gmail.com>> wrote:

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 4:57 PM, michael mccune <msm at redhat.com<mailto:msm at redhat.com>> wrote:
On 11/03/2015 05:20 PM, Boris Pavlovic wrote:
What if we add new API method that will just resturn resource status by
UUID? Or even just extend get request with the new argument that returns
only status?

Thoughts?

not sure i understand the resource status by UUID, could you explain that a little more.

as for changing the get request to return only the status, can't you have a filter on the get url that instructs it to return only the status?

​Yes, we already have that capability and it's used in a number of places.​

Relevant API guideline

http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/api-wg/guidelines/pagination_filter_sort.html#filtering

Everett