[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-21, Nov 9-13

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Nov 5 14:18:28 UTC 2015

This is the first in a series of email reminders about important dates
on the schedule as we work towards the Mitaka release. We will be
counting down from R-23, the Mitaka summit, to the release in R-0 the
week of April 4-8. If all goes as planned, these emails will be sent
just before the week mentioned in the subject (on my Thursday, but some
of you live in the future). I don't plan to send email every week, and I
will try to keep each one short.

For release liaisons and PTLs, these emails take the place of the 1-on-1
synchronization meetings we held during the Liberty cycle, and will
frequently contain reminders for actions that need to be taken to move
the release forward.

Focus
-----

We are currently working towards the Mitaka 1 milestone. Teams should be
focusing on wrapping up incomplete work left over from the end of the
Liberty cycle, finalizing and announcing plans from the summit, and
completing specs and blueprints.

Release Actions

All deliverables should have reno configured before Mitaka 1. See
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-November/078301.html
for details, and follow up on that thread with questions.

Review stable/liberty branches for patches that have landed since the last
release and determine if your deliverables need new tags.

Important Dates