[openstack-dev] [all] Outcome of distributed lock manager discussion @ the summit

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Thu Nov 5 13:43:27 UTC 2015

On Thu, 5 Nov 2015, Sean Dague wrote:
> On 11/05/2015 03:08 AM, Chris Dent wrote:
>> Outside of CI it is possible to deploy ceilo, aodh and gnocchi to use
>> tooz for coordinating group partitioning in active-active HA setups
>> and shared locks. Again the standard deploy for that has been to use
>> redis because of availability. It's fairly understood that zookeeper
>> would be more correct but there are packaging concerns.
>
> What are the packaging concerns for zookeeper?

I had thought there were generic issues with RPMs of Java-based packages
but I'm able to find RPMs of zookeeper for recent Fedoras[1] so I guess
the concerns are either moot or nearly so. What this means for RHEL or
CentOS I've never been too sure about.

[1] http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=zookeeper

--
Chris Dent               (¨s¡ã¡õ¡ã)¨s¦à©ß©¥©ß            http://anticdent.org/