[openstack-dev] [networking-ovs-dpdk]

Mooney, Sean K sean.k.mooney at intel.com
Thu Nov 5 13:40:31 UTC 2015

Integration with packsack is not currently supported.
We currently have the first step( a puppet module to install ovs-dpdk) under review.
At present we are not directly targeting packstack support but if anyone wants to add support
It would be welcomed. At present devstack is the only fully supported deployment tool.

Support for Ubuntu 14.04 and centos 7.1 was recently added.
Automated Testing is done by the intel-networking-ci using fedora 21 but
We have manually tested Ubuntu and centos.

I currently have a ovs-dpdk deployed on Ubuntu 14.04 on one of my dev systems using the devstack.

Our current getting start guide just describes fedora 21 deployment but we should be adding a Ubuntu and centOS version soon.

As far as I recall the main changes for Ubuntu are

-          Instead of setting selinux to permissive uninstall apparmor.

-          Instead of enabling the virt preview repo enable the kilo Ubuntu  cloud archive.

Note that as devstack installs from source the openstack packages from the kilo cloud archive
are not used it is enabled to provided updated Libvirt and qemu packages only.
As such kilo,liberty and master openstack should be deployable by devstack.

It should also be noted that due to changes in upstream neutron the stable/x branch of the networking-ovs-dpdk repo
Is only compatible with the stable/x release of opentack.

Regards
Sean.