[openstack-dev] [kuryr] mutihost networking with nova vm as docker host

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 12:52:58 UTC 2015

> The current OVS binding proposals are not for nested containers.
> I am not sure if you are asking about that case or about the nested
> containers inside a VM case.
>
> For the nested containers, we will use Neutron solutions that support this
> kind of configuration, for example
> if you look at OVN you can define "parent" and "sub" ports, so OVN knows to
> perform the logical pipeline in the compute host
> and only perform VLAN tagging inside the VM (as Toni mentioned)

I felt that the VLAN-aware VM effort affects many on-going efforts in
Neutron stadium
including Kuryr through the summit discussion.
Let's keep your eyes on VLAN-aware VM effort and your feedback would
be appreciated.
The initial effort is found in
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/210309/ (Trunk port: API extension).

Akihiro