[openstack-dev] [networking-ovs-dpdk]

Mooney, Sean K sean.k.mooney at intel.com
Thu Nov 5 12:53:13 UTC 2015

Hello
When set OVS_DPDK_MODE=controller_ovs

You are disabling install of ovs-dpdk on the contoler node and only installing mechanism driver.

If you want to install ovs-dpdk on the controller node you should set this value as follows

OVS_DPDK_MODE=controller_ovs_dpdk

See
https://github.com/openstack/networking-ovs-dpdk/blob/master/doc/source/_downloads/local.conf.single_node

ovs with dpdk will be installed in /usr/bin not user local bin as it does a system wide install not a local install.

Installation documentation can be found here
https://github.com/openstack/networking-ovs-dpdk/tree/master/doc/source

the networking-ovs-dpdk repo has been recently moved from stackforge to the openstack namespace following the
retirement of stackforge.

Some like in the git repo still need to be updated to reflect this change.

Regards
sean