[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Mid-cycle meetup for Mitaka

John Davidge (jodavidg) jodavidg at cisco.com
Thu Nov 5 12:08:48 UTC 2015

++

Sounds very sensible to me!

John

From: "Armando M." <armamig at gmail.com<mailto:armamig at gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, 4 November 2015 21:23
Subject: [openstack-dev] [Neutron] Mid-cycle meetup for Mitaka

Hi folks,

After some consideration, I am proposing a change for the Mitaka release cycle in relation to the mid-cycle meetup event.

My proposal is to defer the gathering to later in the release cycle [1], and assess whether we have it or not based on the course of events in the cycle. If we feel that a last push closer to the end will help us hit some critical targets, then I am all in for arranging it.

Based on our latest experiences, I have not seen a strong correlation between progress made during the cycle and progress made during the meetup, so we might as well save us the trouble of travelling close to Christmas.

I'd like to thank Kyle, Miguel Lavalle and Doug for looking into the logistics. We may still need their services later in the new year, but as of now all I can say is:

Happy (distributed) hacking!

Cheers,
Armando

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Mitaka_Release_Schedule