[openstack-dev] [all] Outcome of distributed lock manager discussion @ the summit

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Thu Nov 5 08:08:16 UTC 2015

On Thu, 5 Nov 2015, Robert Collins wrote:

> In the session we were told that zookeeper is already used in CI jobs
> for ceilometer (was this wrong?) and thats why we figured it made a
> sane default for devstack.

For clarity: What ceilometer (actually gnocchi) is doing is using tooz
in CI (gate-ceilometer-dsvm-integration). And for now it is using
redis as that was "simple".

Outside of CI it is possible to deploy ceilo, aodh and gnocchi to use
tooz for coordinating group partitioning in active-active HA setups
and shared locks. Again the standard deploy for that has been to use
redis because of availability. It's fairly understood that zookeeper
would be more correct but there are packaging concerns.

--
Chris Dent               (¨s¡ã¡õ¡ã)¨s¦à©ß©¥©ß            http://anticdent.org/