[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Mid-cycle meetup for Mitaka

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 21:23:03 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

After some consideration, I am proposing a change for the Mitaka release
cycle in relation to the mid-cycle meetup event.

My proposal is to defer the gathering to later in the release cycle [1],
and assess whether we have it or not based on the course of events in the
cycle. If we feel that a last push closer to the end will help us hit some
critical targets, then I am all in for arranging it.

Based on our latest experiences, I have not seen a strong correlation
between progress made during the cycle and progress made during the meetup,
so we might as well save us the trouble of travelling close to Christmas.

I'd like to thank Kyle, Miguel Lavalle and Doug for looking into the
logistics. We may still need their services later in the new year, but as
of now all I can say is:

Happy (distributed) hacking!

Cheers,
Armando