[openstack-dev] [requirements] [infra] speeding up gate runs?

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Nov 4 16:32:52 UTC 2015

On 11/04/2015 07:47 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
> I was spot checking the grenade multinode job to make sure it looks like
> it was doing the correct thing. In doing so I found that ~15minutes of
> it's hour long build time is compiling lxml and numpy 3 times each.
>
> Due to our exact calculations by upper-constraints.txt we ensure exactly
> the right version of each of those in old & new & subnode (old).
>
> Is there a nodepool cache strategy where we could pre build these? A 25%
> performance win comes out the other side if there is a strategy here.

Also, if anyone needs more data -
http://paste.openstack.org/show/477989/ is the current cost during a
devstack tempest run (not grenade, which makes this 3x worse).

This was calculated with this parser -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/241676/

Building cryptography twice looks like a fun one, and cffi 3 times.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net