[openstack-dev] [requirements] [infra] speeding up gate runs?

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Nov 4 16:29:29 UTC 2015

On 11/04/2015 10:50 AM, Brant Knudson wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 6:47 AM, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net
> <mailto:sean at dague.net>> wrote:
>
>     I was spot checking the grenade multinode job to make sure it looks like
>     it was doing the correct thing. In doing so I found that ~15minutes of
>     it's hour long build time is compiling lxml and numpy 3 times each.
>

> I've always wondered why lxml is used rather than python's built-in XML
> support. Is there some function that xml.etree is missing that
> lxml.etree provides? The only thing I know about is that lxml has better
> support for some XPATH features.

It's all xpath semantics as far as I know.

I was told that SAML needs a thing the built in xml library doesn't
support. I doubt that any other projects really need it. However, there
would be a ton of unwind in nova to get rid of it given how extensively
it's used in libvirt driver.

I don't know about other projects. It also only benefits us if we can
remove it from g-r entirely.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague