[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Question about Microsoft Hyper-V CI tests

Johnston, Nate Nate_Johnston at cable.comcast.com
Wed Nov 4 14:48:08 UTC 2015

I noticed the same failure in the neutron-dsvm-tempest test for the Neutron DVR HA change, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/143169

I have not yet been able to determine the cause.

Thanks,

—N.

On Nov 3, 2015, at 3:57 PM, slawek at kaplonski.pl<mailto:slawek at kaplonski.pl> wrote:

Hello,

I'm now working on patch to neutron to add QoS in linuxbridge: https://
review.openstack.org/#/c/236210/<http://review.openstack.org/#/c/236210/>
Patch is not finished yet but I have some "problem" with some tests. For
example Microsoft Hyper-V CI check are failing. When I checked logs of this
tests in http://64.119.130.115/neutron/236210/7/results.html.gz file I found
error like:

ft1.1: setUpClass
(tempest.api.network.test_networks.NetworksIpV6TestAttrs)_StringException:
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "tempest/test.py", line 274, in setUpClass
   six.reraise(etype, value, trace)
 File "tempest/test.py", line 267, in setUpClass
   cls.resource_setup()
 File "tempest/api/network/test_networks.py", line 65, in resource_setup
   cls.network = cls.create_network()
 File "tempest/api/network/base.py", line 152, in create_network
   body = cls.networks_client.create_network(name=network_name)
 File "tempest/services/network/json/networks_client.py", line 21, in
create_network
   return self.create_resource(uri, post_data)
 File "tempest/services/network/json/base.py", line 59, in create_resource
   resp, body = self.post(req_uri, req_post_data)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/tempest_lib/common/
rest_client.py", line 259, in post
   return self.request('POST', url, extra_headers, headers, body)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/tempest_lib/common/
rest_client.py", line 639, in request
   resp, resp_body)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/tempest_lib/common/
rest_client.py", line 757, in _error_checker
   resp=resp)
tempest_lib.exceptions.UnexpectedResponseCode: Unexpected response code
received
Details: 503

It is strange for me because it looks that error is somewhere in
create_network. I didn't change anything in code which is creating networks.
Other tests are fine IMHO.
So my question is: should I check reason of this errors and try to fix it also
in my patch? Or how should I proceed with such kind of errors?

--
Pozdrawiam / Best regards
Sławek Kapłoński