[openstack-dev] [nova] Adding a new feature in Kilo. Is it possible?

Dulko, Michal michal.dulko at intel.com
Tue Nov 3 18:30:59 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-11-03 at 18:57 +0100, Michał Dubiel wrote:
> Hi all,

> We have a simple patch allowing to use OpenContrail's vrouter with
> vhostuser vif types (currently only OVS has support for that). We
> would like to contribute it.

> However, We would like this change to land in the next maintenance
> release of Kilo. Is it possible? What should be the process for this?
> Should we prepare a blueprint and review request for the 'master'
> branch first? It is small self contained change so I believe it does
> not need a nova-spec.

> Regards,
> Michal

The policy is that backports to Kilo are now possible for security fixes
only [1]. Even if your commit would fall into security bugfix category,
it would need to merged to master first.

I think your best call is contributing the feature to the current master
(Mitaka) and prepare downstream backport for your internal needs.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Releases