[openstack-dev] [nova][bugs] weekly bug status + bug tag contacts

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Tue Nov 3 13:18:21 UTC 2015

Le 03/11/2015 12:53, Markus Zoeller a écrit :
> Hey Nova folks, this is your bug lord speaking. You may have noticed
> that we have around 3 bugs open ... just kidding, it's above 1000 and
> keeps growing. During the summit, we concluded that the "fix all the
> crap" action item was a bit too unspecific, so let's try another thing.
> Beginning by end of this week, I'll give a weekly report of the state of
> the bug list on the ML. This intends to keep the attention at a certain
> level. I'm also going to ping the subteams more actively if the bugs in
> their area of expertise will get lost in the shuffle. To do that I need
> you to double-check the wiki [1] if you are still a valid contact for a
> specific bug tag or if you want to become a contact for a bug tag. For
> example we need contacts for "api", "console", "db", "network" and "pci".
> Please let me know the necessary updates and if I missed a subteam.

What I'd love is to see each subteam having a weekly meeting to make
sure that they review the bugs, and not only the needed features, like
we do for the critical ones for the nova meeting.

Also, like I said in IRC, I'd also like to see how we could have a
process to say to bug owners how to call us to make sure there is no
regression. That was really difficult to find the open bugs during the
RC period because some of them were 'in progress' but they were really
important because the related patch was fixing a regression.

my 2.65 yens,
-Sylvain