[openstack-dev] [all][glance] No mid-cycle meetup for Mitaka

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Tue Nov 3 10:00:45 UTC 2015

Greetings

At the Mitaka summit, we discussed whether having a mid-cycle summit
was worth it for Mitaka. The outcome is that we should skip it this
time. Some reasons below:

1. We've a well defined, narrow, list of priorities that need to be
worked on.

2. Based on the above, there won't be enough content to make a
mid-cycle meetup worth it. We'll have ad-hoc meetings whenever extra
discussions are required.

3. There's a growing feeling that mid-cycle meetups are a requirement
and the team doesn't believe so. The team believes, meetups should
happen when there are enough things to discuss and meeting is the best
way to do that.

4. Budget wise, it'll make all of our lives simpler.

I'd like to thank Sabari Kumar Murugesan from VMWare and Stuart
Mclaren/Erno Kuvaja from HP for offering their office space for the
mid-cycle. I hope such offer will still be available in the future
when a mid-cycle meetup may be needed.

For those of you that didn't make it to the summit, I'd love to know
your thoughts about the above.

Cheers,
Flavio

--