[openstack-dev] DevStack errors...

Neil Jerram Neil.Jerram at metaswitch.com
Tue Nov 3 09:35:26 UTC 2015

On 02/11/15 23:56, Thales wrote:
I'm trying to get DevStack to work, but am getting errors.  Is this a good list to ask questions for this?  I can't seem to get answers anywhere I look.   I tried the openstack list, but it kind of moves slow.

Thanks for any help.

Regards, John

In case it helps, I had no problem using DevStack's stable/liberty branch yesterday.  If you don't specifically need master, you might try that too:

  # Clone the DevStack repository.
  git clone https://git.openstack.org/openstack-dev/devstack

  # Use the stable/liberty branch.
  cd devstack
  git checkout stable/liberty

I also just looked again at your report on openstack at .  Were you using Python 2.7?

I expect you'll have seen discussions like http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23176697/importerror-no-module-named-io-in-ubuntu-14-04.  It's not obvious to me how those can be relevant, though, as they seem to involve corruption of an existing virtualenv, whereas DevStack I believe creates a virtualenv from scratch.

When you say 'on Ubuntu 14.04', are we talking a completely fresh install with nothing else on it?  That's the most reliable way to run DevStack - people normally create a fresh disposable VM for this kind of work.

Regards,
    Neil