[openstack-dev] Looking to contribute

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Mon Nov 2 19:21:12 UTC 2015

On 11/02/2015 02:06 PM, Lisa Jenkins wrote:
> Hi new dev looking to contribute and am open to anything.  Which projects
> need resources and have some low level bugs or something similar for a
> newbie to get started?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lisa

Hi Lisa:

Welcome and thanks for getting in touch.

Actually you ask a kind of difficult question as we have many many
projects and all of them are looking for new contributors.

A couple ways to go from here:

1) you can join the #openstack-dev channel on freenode and meet some
folks there

2) you can read some logs of the channels and meetings and see if
something suits you and join that channel:
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/

3) you can share some additional details about what motivates you to
contribute to openstack, what your personal goals are, if you have any
past experience with a specific language or technology and what you
would like to work on

Thanks Lisa, I hope you find something you like,
Anita (anteaya on irc)